Triple the Duties: Leader, Driver, and Mover.
Our drivers work hard: You drive trucks. You lead the crew. And you move heavy furniture. Daily duties include packing and moving households and offices. Moves range from a single item to an entire home or building. Items can often weigh several hundred pounds. Not to mention, the workday can get long (ten-hours or more is not unusual). These demands require a driver with above average strength, stamina, fitness, and skill.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Safely drive a large moving truck.
- Carry heavy items long distances and/or up and down stairways.
- Wrap furniture and equipment.
- Box-pack items such as breakables, books, artwork, knick-knacks.
- Work with moving equipment and tools.
- Disassemble and reassemble furniture and equipment.
- Provide quality, customer service at all times.
Minimum Job Requirements
- GED or High School diploma.
- At least 2 years of experience in the labor and moving industry.
- Certification in the labor and moving industry is highly preferred, but not required.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to manage a crew of 2 or more.
- Ability to communicate. (You’re our go to guy on the job!)
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Ability to safely operate a large moving truck.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work, heavy lifting, pushing or pulling objects over 75 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Conditions of Employment
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Must have a working cell phone and stable number.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must pass a drug test.
$17.00per hour + Tips