If you are moving on a budget, you will be glad to know there are several ways to sell unwanted items for quick cash. It is both impossible and impractical to transport every item from your old home to your new home, when there are others who would readily buy these items. This, in turn, greatly reduces you labor hours and shipping costs. Here are a few ways to make some quick cash before the big move.
Online Sales for Quick Cash
You can upload items onto websites designed for selling. Most of these sites are free to join and gives individuals around the world access to your goods.
- Read the fine print of all websites. Know the payment policies and risks.
- Accurately describe all items to attract the most attention.
- Have a plan to offload the items, whether it’s shipping or preparing the items for pickup.
- Plan Ahead. Prepare for the sale a month in advance.
- Consider a joint sale with a neighbor.
- Carry plenty of change.
- Collect colored stickers and tags in advance.
Garage Sale for Quick Cash
The garage sale is the most iconic and traditional way to sell unwanted items before moving. There are many websites where you can list your garage sale for free, or you can advertise in the local paper. Homemade signs are still effective ways to advertise garage sales, just make sure not to place them on private property.
Give to Charity for Quick Cash
There are plenty of charities to donate unwanted items to like the Good Will, Salvation Army, and other local charities. Charities usually give receipts for donations, some of which may be tax deductible. You can also donate unwanted items to churches, schools and rummage shops.